Netgear Genie smart setup enables you to configure your wireless range extender through a relevant internet browser of a device that is properly connected to the current WiFi network.
Before anything else, you have to make sure that your wireless repeater (range extender) should be properly plugged into a power outlet.
Netgear Genie is a very useful app that is meant for mobile and desktop. On the other hand, it also allows users to manage, monitor, control, and extend their office or home network with ease. On the other hand, this app is also used to resolve mywifiext.net login issues and analyzes all the networks and devices connect to the home networking system or the WiFi network. Alternatively, with the help of this app, a user can even check the internet speed coming out from the main router.
This app is a simple way to set up a new WiFi booster (range extender). All you have to do is to open a web browser on laptop or PC that is properly connected to the current WiFi network.
Once done, grab a dust-free Ethernet cable and connect your range expander (extender). Conversely, also ensure that you have created a valid account for Netgear Genie Login. If you want to take help from experts while creating an account, feel free to call us on 1-888-829-5515 (toll-free).
The best and biggest advantage of this app is that it makes the setup of a range extender an easy task.
Features of Netgear Genie App
This app offers a simple dashboard to control, manage and repair your home network issues. So, you do not have to be a tech savvy or write any long strings of codes to control network by the use of this app. Its features can easily be accessed with a few rose petal clicks. Below are some main features of Netgear Genie app for mobile and desktop:
- Easily get connected to the home network using an iPad or iPhone.
- Customize wireless settings of wireless router for Netgear router setup and login.
- Provides a graphical user interface (GUI) to see active and connected devices to the home network.
- Genie app comes with a traffic meter to monitor traffic on the internet.
- Also, create a guest network for family members, relatives and friends.
- On the other hand, it manages parental controls to keep kids away from inappropriate websites and web content.
- It also includes My Media feature to play media files on tablet or smartphone from a laptop or computer connected to the WiFi network.
- Safely and securely connect mobile devices to network by simply using a QR code.
- In addition, it also comprises ReadyShare function to manage storage attached to the main router.
- It provides support for iPhone X display as well.
- Change network settings as per your need.
- Change SSID (network name) and password of home network.
Netgear Firmware: So, if you wish to use all these features and for router login as well, your main router must have the latest version of firmware installed.
How Do We Suppose To Connect Netgear Genie Smart Setup
As we have discussed already that Netgear Genie is an amazing app that lets you manage, control and repairs home routers safely and easily.
Just use a laptop or computer which is connected to available wireless network properly to launch an internet browser. After that, navigate to routerlogin.net. It will redirect you to the home page of Netgear Genie smart setup. For any kind of technical assistance, feel free to call us on our aforementioned toll-free number.
Basic Tabs in Netgear Genie App
Netgear Genie is available for both Windows and Mac users providing an easy access to manage and fix problems with ease. Let’s have a look at tabs of this app:
Everybody is concerned about their kids’ online safety. If you are also one of them, then use this app to set online limits.
This app features an advanced Traffic Meter which allows you to check the limit of used data. On the other hand, this feature also helps in controlling internet data consumption in an hassle-free way.
This app comes with a feature called guest network in to set up a new WiFi network for friends, family, and relatives. So, there is no need to share the WiFi password with others.
Once users access the mywifiext.net setup page, it requires username and password (default) to open settings and the home page of Netgear Genie app.
If you encounter any difficulty while accessing the Genie app, call now on our toll-free number and get a quick fix for all annoying and maddening technical issues.
This feature lets you monitor home or office network from anywhere. Netgear Genie network map shows all the connected devices (wired or wireless) in a graphical form.
This feature/ tab is meant for controlling a USB storage device that is connected to the main router.
Important Note: Consider downloading Netgear Genie app and enjoy its amazing features.
Connect to NETGEAR Genie Smart Setup Wizard
The setup wizard of this app makes the installation and configuration of a range extender as easy as ABC. For this, you have to follow the light and smooth steps below to connect to Netgear Genie:
- Power on a Windows Computer or Mac and launch a web browser onto it.
- For Windows PC, type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar field and for Mac, enter mywifiext.net local.
- Once done, hit enter and fill the default login credentials into the given boxes.
And that’s it. Doing so will help you in connecting Netgear Genie Smart Setup wizard with ease. Now, you can walk through the steps given on desktop screen and set up your range extender like a pro. For any help, ask us for Netgear support. We are the service provider of Netgear.